Sprayer for ztr's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jcltyson, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a spraying system on the market made specifically to mount on ztr's? Looking for something like a 25 gal. tank, 5 to 10 foot break away boom with an extra wand for hard to get to spots. This would be for jobs between backpack and full size tractor/trailer applications.

Thanks.:)

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Look at http://dultmeier.com/ for lots of sprayer parts and accessories. If you can weld, you can make a mount for a 25 gallon tank in no time. My JD 757 has four bolt holes already in the frame that I used for mounting my tank. I got foot dimmer switch for the on/off control. I have a ten foot folding boom that can be mounted on the front or back by loosening two nuts.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Jrco makes a rear mount sprayer for ZTRs I think is carries some of it's own weight on castors .

4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I've heard good things about the prolawn spray shields.. That's what I'm going with...

http://www.prolawnsprayshields.com/

Your spraying will be completely uneffected by wind.

5. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Fimco offers a line of 12 volt sprayers as well. Im looking onto this option myself. I just cant see spending 7000 for a ride on deal just yet, and Im not shy about pushing a few acres with a walk behind Lesco spreader.

Gotta do whatcha gotta do in the beginning.

6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty interesting. Not a great website though. Do you buy directly from them or through a dealer? How much are you paying?

7. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

if you call them, they will recommend a dealer to you... I have pricing witten down somewhere..... I'll find it, and post it soon. if you do a forum search, you'll find a few conversations about this system with a few people who have actually used it.. never heard a bad review yet.

8. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I sent for info from Jrco, prolawn spray shields, and Fimco. Is it worth it to get a gas engine or is the 12V suffiecient? I will mainly be using this for round 2 (our weed control round) and spraying Momentum or something like that. I will be pulling/pushing it with a Lazer HP. Thanks

9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if your just spraying weedcontrol the 12V pump will be all you need.

10. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member