Sprayer Hose Length Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LushGreenLawn, Jul 20, 2008.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Guys,

Does the length of the hose on a sprayer have anything to Do with the output at the end of the gun?

In other words, if I add more hose to my sprayer, do I lose pressure?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

How many feet are you talking about?

3. LushGreenLawn

200' from a small sprayer putting out 45PSI.

4. grandview (2006)

We used to run 3-400ft with no problem. The only problem is if you walk 400 ft of hose your in for a long walk!

5. j455cb

j455cb LawnSite Member

For every foot of hose you have a certain amount of friction loss

6. LushGreenLawn

What kind of sprayer do you have? Is it gas powered or Electric?

7. grandview (2006)

A lot depends on what type of nozzle your using. We used to use 3 gal. per 1,000sqft. but if you put a 1 or 2 gal 1,000sqft at the same pressure it would shoot out like a pressure washer .Your pump and motor will compensate for what your doing

8. LushGreenLawn

I am looking at putting it on this.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp..._____14414|14450|14453|48646?listingPage=true

I realize this is not a commercial sprayer, nor am I using it as such. I have some areas on my grandfathers property that I cannot easily get a truck to, and do not want to spray with a backpack. Its for insecticides on some small tree's. It sprays 28' vertically, as its sold. I can afford to lose some spray height, but I don't want to lose alot.

We're only going to use it once a year or so, so I don't want to buy a large gas powered sprayer.

9. grandview (2006)

Well if you don't mine getting a face full of spray.

10. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

We are putting a gallon and a half out of 300 feet of hose foot-- lawn work --with electric pumps. The volume isn't very large so to keep the pressure up, you would have to use a vey small tip. A little tough for high tree spraying