Sprayer mounted on Dixie Chopper - Made by LGF -Introduced at BBQ 2002

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Guys - Saw the sprayer LawnGodFather built for his Dixie Chopper at the BBQ.

1. Very professional looking - Well designed - Nicely painted.

2. Most parts are from the Hardware store.

3. Push button under your foot for off on - like the old dimmer switches in cars - handy as heck. - very very slight delay on shut off (1 second at most) - and that is only due to residual pressure in the hoses after shutoff.

4. Pattern was excellent - 4 fans that met but did not overlap or strip.

5. Pressure regulator that allows for mist or more of a droplet size out of the booms.

6. Being on a ZTR it is very maneuverable -

7. Spring loaded breakaway booms for the ability to get close to trees. - The booms restraighten after contact

I do not have a pic, but LGF has one posted somewhere

PS- Here is what the 36" eXmark WB Hydro Viking with the Flex-Deck does in foot tall grass - One Pass[​IMG]

36x-along road-bbq02-best.jpg
  2. Has 5 spray tips. They have 30% overlap at 20" spacing, which you can't see due to the fan does not maintain a constant pattern at that distance, that is the reason for overlap. This keeps, and makes the perfect pattern.

All the metal is from the hardware store the rest is from a spray systems supplier.

These will soon be available through Captdevo for any type of ZTR.

Maybe for walkbehinds but we will have to see on those.

BTW that one was for "beck"s dixie.

my dc spray rig.jpg
  3. Shot of the valves for the 3 section boom, the pressure regulator, and gauge.

mb dc front.jpg
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

That is some fine craftsmanship. It looks great. Does it have a hand spray gun to get tight areas? What do you expect them to run through Captdevo?
  5. I am thinking about it as an option. Biggest problem with the spray wand is where to mount it out of the way.

I want people to still be able to mow with their mowers. I had one on my original design and broke spray wand twice.

Price will be set by Captdevo. I think the range will be in the $950 to $1,200 range.
  6. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

We were very impressed with this unit and have talked with lawngodfather about producing these for out units!
  7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

How about a Flex-Deck on the blade runner. - with the sprayer we got it all. Since you discharge opposite, I would have to mirror image my decks.

Thanks, Brad
  8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

The flex deck seems to be cutting that high stuff pretty good. It might have some potential.

I also seen the sprayer mounted to the dixie, Mike did a good job on that. Neat and professional looking!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'll bet that the people who own the areas where they were trying out the equiptment, cutting the foot tall grass, wish you would have one of these every month or so. Not a bad deal. Get a commerecial cutter to cut it for nothing. How many times does this happen in a lifetime, not many I will bet....
  9. deason

deason LawnSite Member

LGF - how do you regulate your speed on the ztr? I know from experience that 1 mph difference cam make a 2 gallon per acre difference in the rate of application. Thus, making the chem rate either too strong or too weak.

BTW, great looking set up. How long did it take you to build?
  10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

We are looking into a speedometer for it. Just havent got one yet.