Sprayer Nozzle

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DaughtryLC, Feb 21, 2009.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

My sprayer nozzles continue to drip after I cut it off. Is their some kind of value or diaphragm that can be installed to stop this. It has gotten worse sent I lengthened the line from the tank to the boom and I know its the left over chemical in the line.

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Get a nozzle body with a check valve. They are a must. Hypro has them. Most farm supply stores carry them.

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Or use strainers with a check valves inside of the screen assembly. If you do that, your spraying pressure needs to be 5 PSI or whatever the spring rating is higher to get past the spring loaded ball. Teejet also makes nozzle bodies with diaphragm check valves or the strainers with check valves.

4. DaughtryLC

Thanks guys,I have a dealer that I buy all my chemicals from, I'm sure they have what I need.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like vavle failure to me.is this on a ride on? i thought the nozzles came with check vavles on them, at least the zsprays do. should be an easy fix

6. DaughtryLC

Its a Fimco, so I know I need the valve body, I'm sure it does not come with it

7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Actually they do not. The nozzle body is separate from the nozzle. The nozzle body has the diaphragm. Spray pressure needs to exceed 5 psi before they open. I did not have any luck with the strainers.