Sprayer recommendation?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mikegyver, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking for a good backpack sprayer for spraying roundup. What is the best one for the money? I do not want to spend more than $100 on one. Also, safety is really high on the list. I cannot have one that leaks. I have had reactions before right after I have sprayed a lot (I am not directly blaming it but I am not discounting the possibility). This was when I was using roundup that comes with its own sprayer...NEVER going back to that :hammerhead:
    Mike

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is easy....Shindaiwa sp415 or sp45bpe. All the Stihl and Echo just don't hold up if you use them a lot. The sp45bpe has a very good harness system.

3. Mikegyver

How long will the stihl/echo ones last as compared to the Shindaiwa?

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i just bought a stihl sg20 yesterday for $114.

[​IMG]

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

That's a nice sprayer Jason. I don't remember you mentioning that you have your pesticide license. Why would you need a sprayer that big if you don't have a license to spray?

6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

SG 20s have a very fragile hose and wand system. Ive had 3 of them and each one had issues with the hose or wand. Expensive to replace just that part too....Im using the echo ones right now. Same company that makes the husqvarna sprayers and many other brands.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Neither the Echo or Stihl company filled up their backpack and walked with it for the entire day. The strap system kills you and as it empties the straps riders off the shoulders. And in third year that fancy stihl had straps ate up by the sun. The spray pattern on some units is not good and that stihl has to be pumped big time if you spray constantly. Go over into the pesticide section and ask them what is best.

8. Mikegyver

9. I use redmax and they are awesome. Your going to have to spend $120 or so if you want quality. Anything under that is crap IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic