Sprayer Strainer Cracked

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Feb 28, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

My 200 gal. lesco sprayer has a hair line very, very small hair line crack in the strainer(in-line) clear plastic cover. Its on the end where it is flat, just opposite of the threaded end. I was mixing my chemical's tonight and saw three or four drops of blue water and thought oh great. Question is anyone know of a quick fix? Super glue, shoe goo etc.???????? I dont want to jerry-rig it, but I need about 8 hours of spray time. Perfect day to spray, warm, no wind, and lesco is 40 miles away. I'm going the opposite direction in the A.M.

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I know the store is a little bit of a drive but the best bet is getting a new one they run 20.00 , the only reason I say that is if the leak increases tomorrow it can be considered a spill.

3. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

JB weld will do for some time. I used it on a cracked motorcycle engine casing and rode 500 mi with no leaks.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Use silicone sealer

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Agreed. There's almost no pressure on it other than the weight of what's in the tank.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

buy two, i keep several around due to this. it can really screw up a nice day. my advice is get there before they open and buy it and get back to start you day.; but by now, you have already started so i guess this is irrelevant

7. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

Drill with fine bit each end of the crack, sand and clean the surface, mix some epoxy up from the fiberglass repair kit (we all have somewhere in garage covered in dust) and away you go. Prep is the key.

8. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Thank's for the advice. I went ahead and got a new one. Was there when they opened and got the last one. $42.00 for the whole assembly, wouldnt sale just the cover. I will get extra ones. When I took it off the whole thing was spider web'd. It looked like shattered glass. What the heck would have done this. Its somewhat protected from rocks but---- could I have had some gel occur and the pressure do it?

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Does it get cold in OK? Sure it could have frozen. I get my filters at Tractor Supply Co.

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

It will be a lot cheaper to get a new one. than being stopped by the dec that will get expensive. so go out and get a new one right now.:waving: