sprayer thoughts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by B. L. Landscaping, Sep 1, 2009.

1. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

anyone using a prolawn sprayer? thinking of a 52" on a stander would this be a good set up?

2. B. L. Landscaping

any thoughts on it? what the best sprayer for residential lawns?

3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Is that the one with a shield?. If so that is slow. Good for wide open areas, but I would think a pain in residentials or any lawns that have landscaping.

4. B. L. Landscaping

yes it is the shielded sprayer i just was curious it seems like a great idea to not have to worry about drift that is my main concern with having alot of beds to go around

5. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

The shielded sprayer does work good. I can go right to the edge of beds without slowing or even giving it much thought. In many cases the shield lifts overhanging flowers as I am spraying under them. Customers feel better about spraying near flower beds when they can't see the spray. More days are available for spraying because wind is less of a factor.
    I use the three shield setup. I think it has an eleven foot width. I suppose on city lots the 52" would be ok, but around here that would make for a very long day.

Scott