Sprayer..what is your opinion?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by slowburn, Oct 2, 2011.

1. slowburn

slowburn LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to buy a spray rig...getting rid of the buckets, my back won't take it anymore.
    I only do seal-coating as an addition to my existing business.
    I found this rig at Northern Tool, NorthStar 225 gal. trailer mount, cast iron banjo pump w/ 5.5 Honda, 75ft hose, wand and tips.
    I don't spray sand, I use a different method, this would fit my purpose.
    Anyone have any experience with this Rig?

2. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

AffordableSealcoatingLLC LawnSite Member

Only problem with that is you cant put any sand in the mix. Look for a good used unit. You can pick up a 550 gal unit. With hydraulic agitation for around 4-7,000 grand. Abe ahead of the game. I have a Seal-Rite unit and love it. You can find other brands. I wouldn't waste the money on the North Star unit.

Joe

3. pgrzes

pgrzes LawnSite Member

I agree with Joe, Save up and get a real rig!! Even if you get a smaller(300 gal) You can get started doing things right. Mixing properly is important, especially when the weather is the way it is this year in the north east!!!

4. slowburn

slowburn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.

I will state it again...I don't spray sand. I use a different method.

I found a new /used North Star for what I can spend.

Not spraying sand, will this rig do the job? I only do a hand full of driveways each season.

Thanks

5. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

I'm with you on the weather. Were pretty close mileage wise. The rain has really put a hurting on all of us!

6. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

I understand you don't spray sand that was a hint that you should. But if you don't that's up to you. But as I said before for the money you can get a great used one that will do everything. Just in case you change your mind in the future!...:drinkup:

7. slowburn

slowburn LawnSite Member

I am using slate/AE not sand.

Shouldn't this machine get me by for a couple of seasons?

Then I could buy a real rig later down the road.

8. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

9. slowburn

slowburn LawnSite Member

THANKSAGAIN:drinkup:

10. donmac1970

donmac1970 LawnSite Member

i have one. works great. other sealcoaters keep telling me to get a real machine. or ill be sorry that i didnt get a 500. well for the cost of a 500 i can buy 3 to 4 of mine and add crews to spread out further. never had a customer quality complaint and the northstar machine is all i use. Good strong runner. sprays on a nice even coat.