sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by heather, Oct 5, 2002.

1. heather

heather LawnSite Member

thinking about buying a 200gal sprayer from northern tool for fert/iron on lawns.Also fert/water on annuals. Any thoughts on equipment?

2. First I would spend the extra $200 for the Hypro pump, and the commercial duty 5.5HP Honda engine, over the Comet pump, and entry level Honda 5hp.

The price is not bad but the S&H will hit you good.

Would you be interested in building your own¿

Second why spray¿ Why not granular¿

Cheaper and easier to handle and use.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

C'Mon Mike. Why spray?? Cheaper??
    1. Spray as to avoid putting down unnecessary amountsof herbicide. Hit target plants as needed/ treat as needed.
    2. Straight fertilizers are a lot less $$ than ferts w/ herbicide and spray is not that much$$ especially at a mere 2-2.5 gals/1000 sqft.

You may be quicker w/ a dry product, but dry weed-n-feed needs a moistlawn at application time for it to work half decently. Also, the granulars IMHO work okay, but not as well as a spray.

Bob

BTW, We use a 200 gal. LESCO w/ electric reel. Holds 300' of hose and works very well. Now to look into a 50 gal side tank!

4. heather

heather LawnSite Member

We also would use a tank to spray for insects(armyworms-chinch bugs) I 'm looking into a rig w/2 100gal tanks to keep things separate.

5. Seprate rigs mean completely seprate tanks, pumps, hoses, etc.....

Now that is over $4,000......

Bob from her first post is was just to feed, now that she has target apps, I see the need for a tank sprayer.

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I looked into shipping on that unit. $500.00 to Indpls. Bought a used one off the board at Lesco the next week.

7. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Heather,

I've avoided the commercial endorsement as long as I could. Please don't buy a sprayer that is built with bargain box bed-frame rails. You can & certainly should do better.
    http://www.lesco.com/Products/default.asp?link=equip[img]

<$3200.00 Ready to spray & built the way ALL sprayers SHOULD be. Terms available subject to credit approval.

(Chuck, please don't ban me for this!)

If this attempt to link you with the appropriate images doesn't work, feel free to send me a private email for a good photo, description, & price.

For the record, I don't make any attempt to use this forum for commercial purposes. But on occasion, the need for solid information breaches the common rules of proper forum etiquete.

Steve with LESCO

[email]sls247@lesco.com[/email]

8. [​IMG]

I disagree with tremor on the cheap frame of the Northern one, however this model with suit you much better.

I have a Lesco 200gal that does not sit sideways like this one does in a truck bed.

This one takes up 50% of an 8 foot bed and mine takes up 75-80% of the bed.

9. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Heather,
    My setup cost just a little over $1800.00 6 years ago. Now I don't have the frame around the tank.
    As for 2 tanks, look at small 12 volt setup for insects. You will find that 100 gallon will be to much.
    How are you going to transport??
    If you look a pickup then you are limited to how much you can fit in the bed.

10. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

hey lawngodfather will that tank fit side ways in a full sized chevy?