Spraying a CEMETERY

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Weedburner, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

Anyone ever spray a cemetery? I have done a couple with a small boom sprayer and a backpack, but wondered if anyone had put together equipment to make the job easier.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

a Perma green or Z Spray would be the Ideal way to go!

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We blanket cemeterys once per year for weeds. Due to many people planting flowers,etc, around the monuments we cant boom spray. For us its a two man job. One man drives the kubota up & down the rows enjoying the ac & cd in the factory cab, the other man walks behind the tractor spraying off the demco pto sprayer. This is a slow process, but the results are good and the cemeterys renew our contract each year.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would prefer a ride on for this application. Another idea would be a little stand on type sulky with a handle to hold onto. The tractor could just move slow, and you could spray - stepping off (tractor continues moving slowly) occasionally when necessary, then you could just step back on when you're ready. Just an idea!

5. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

I have several sprayers. I have used my Grasshopper with a shielded sprayer, but it's a little too wide to go between the stones. The boom sprayer is a concern with live flowers. The best I have come up with is spray with one wing of the shielded spray up and get between to stones with a backpack. I do have a 150 gallon sprayer that fits on my tractor with a hand gun, I might try it in some tight areas. I have turned down some because there so labor intense.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I like that sulky idea joe. i was also thinking about bolting a small chair (legless) to the front of the tractor,we could see the weeds out front and spray accordingly.

7. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could spray the cemeteries I do but it would cost them a ton. The rows are way to narrow and have to many flowers etc. I would use a perma green or a 4 wheeler with a rear sprayer depending how wide the rows are. Good luck!