Spraying apps.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I know it is hard to determine a price for spraying. As I want to buy a rig from Lesco I would like to know just how much profit I would be seing off of this. I normally put down granular fertilizers. How much do most of you guys charge for fertilizing lawns per 1,000 sq.ft ? I know with granular fert. I usually charge around $8.00 per 1,000 sq. feet . And the fert is usually around 13 bucks a bag . How much is the fertilizer from Lesco for spraying rigs ? Thanx for your help I know we are all in different markets and it is hard to exchange prices but I just wanted to know what you guys were charging and how much it is to buy the stuff.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Your dollar amount for Granular fertilizer per 1000 looks about right. I would recomend that you continue using granular fertilizers and use the "spray rig" for pest applications.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

You shouldn't be too concerned with costs.( You are getting $80 for a 10,000 sq. footer-and-$320 for a 30,000, right?)
    I might be confused on this $$$/1000 pricing. In this area, the larger the lawn-the lower the $$$/1000. Average 3,000 sq.foot lawn price is $25 while an acre is $120.
  4. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

We're in central Florida.
    0-10,000 sq. ft. $10.00 p/1,000
    11,000-20,000 sq.ft. $9.00 p/1,000
    20,000+ $8.00 p/1,000

This is for St. Augustine turf only. We don't do anything else. It includes 6 apps. a year
    Fertilizer on all apps.
    Herbicide from fall - spring. Spot treat for sedge only during summer.
    Insecticide from May - Dec. and extra if necessary, example chinch bugs in new startup yard in January will get insecticide.
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We primarily use our tank for spot treatments of broadleaf weeds in turf. I guess that the tank doesn't "generate" any $$ this way, but it sure is way more productive than a back pack sprayer.
    This year we're considering adding a separate side tank to handle a liquid fungicide as it is more cost effective and gives better control.
    I know of others who use tank sterilant and after cleaning - reclean w/ ammonia so they can use their tanks for anti-dessicants in the late fall and for dormant oils in the spring. This is btw a good means to generate$$$. Another way would be to get a root feeder for trees/shrubs. You just don't want to make the little bright green marks w/ brown center patches like the TGCL guy do at some of the lawns in my area.