1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spraying Beer on the Lawn???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, Dec 31, 2003.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone heard of doing this?
    I have heard it from a couple people, and just wondered if anyone else has. I'm not going to go wasting all that good stuff on my lawn, no matter how much I love turf! :D

Just wondered if everyone else heard of this, or any other lawn wives tales.

Happy New Year Everyone! :jester:
  2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

wow, new idea to me. Since i'm only 19 maybe i can go to the liquor store and tell them i'm buying beer to spray on someone's lawn.
  3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

This has been ade famous by Jerry baker. http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp

He uses normal everyday items, mixes them together and sprays them on the lawn. He uses beer to feed microbes with sugar i beleive and the enzymes present in the alcohol are very beneficial.
  4. capmaint

capmaint LawnSite Member

I've heard of it...usually happens on New Years Eve followed up by a hangover.....
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I can't think of a better thing to use it for!

6. Royal Oaks

Royal Oaks LawnSite Member

Hi, I spray my lawn with beer on a regular basis. Saves me a lot of work because it grows back half cut! Happy New Year: D :D :D
  7. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like alcohol abuse to me!!! The only time I spray my lawn with beer is when somebody tells a good joke!!!
  8. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

How about relieving your self on the lawn after a few beers? I think that would be detrimental to turf....or any other landscape material for that matter ;)
  9. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Just what the world needs.... A bunch of drunk microbes! :D

Happy New Years! :drinkup:
  10. fishnetman

fishnetman LawnSite Member

drink it first then spray?