spraying dimension and weed control out of PG

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sl252525, May 1, 2012.

1. sl252525

sl252525 LawnSite Member
    from York PA

I am a lawn care professional from PA. I got hit hard last year as most of you have with the cost of post emergent for crabgrass. We decided to add liquid dimension to our second round broadcast spray for weed control. We just started this on Friday and spent most of the day cleaning out our screens on our Perma Greens and our nurse tank. We are using dimension 2EW and Trimec 1000 together in our mix. It seems that no matter what we try it keeps coagulating(spelling?) or clumping up and clogging the filters!!! Has anybody else done this and what are some of your thoughts as to why this is happening???

Help is greatly appreciated!

2. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

If it is anything like Revolver I'd suggest putting the the two chemicals in a gallon or a five gallon jug and shaking them. If then they still clump there's an issue with how they relate and probably can't be used together. I have had my share of clogged tanks and it's a pain.

3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Have you checked the ph of the water or tried a compatabilty buffer.

I run 3way and 2EW with no problem have never used trimec 1000 and i spray this out of my T

Maybe you could try a different Herbicide like Mec amine D or Triplet ?

Charles Cue

4. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

Jar Test it. Coagulation is of coarse not wanted. It may have to do with your mixing procedure... Try diferent combinations of mixing it...ie pour one into atleast 2:1 fill half full then add the other 2:1 and delute the remaining amount... it could be reacting to each other at the higher concentrations. First and formost Jar test.

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Dimension label calls for 2 gallon per 1000 sq ft.
    We only put out .5 gallon with PG.
    You may want to rethink your plan.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I've been running prodiamine out of pg at .25 gallon per k with good results so far...not sure about dimension though.
    Posted via Mobile Device