Spraying, Fertization , Help!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnnewbie, Apr 10, 2003.

1. lawnnewbie

lawnnewbie LawnSite Member

I am completely new to this. I was wondering what you all use when you spray the lawn. What I mean is are you set up for that. If so what are the cost associated with this. Do you use big sprayers or just small hand held ones.

2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnnewbie,

To save you the wrath of the senior members on the site I would make the following suggestions in a nice way.

Your question cannot be answered in its present form. You need to revise it. Lawngodfather uses different equipment form me, covers more square feet than me, and has a different cost than me.

I use all hand powered equipment, looked into a skid mounted sprayer and it is not justified for me at this time. You need to asses your business and your market and buy your equipment accordingly. Also, you need to decide what type of applications you will make, liquid or granular, what type of weed applications, insect applications, and the like. There is a great variety of equipment out there and it ranges form 100 bucks to over 10,000 bucks, but it can all be justified based on an individual operation.

Moreover, I would focus on the science, what you can provide, what you know, and who you are more than what equipment you have and what any one of us do.

Best of luck,

EG

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

lawnnewbie

Let me ask why do you want to spray fertilizer?? Granules offer slower release and longer residual. Granules can be applied faster than spray.

Yes spray fert can offer advantages also. Faster response for one. Easier to custom blend in tank.

4. enviro green and ric gave great advice.

develop a sound program, and find the best way to apply the material for you.

5. windmill

windmill LawnSite Member

Ditto the above. I use both liquid and granular. I preffer the granular but most housing complexes want quick greenup, that's what the liquid is for. Know your market and their wants, then equip yourself to meet their needs.

6. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

Ric, did you ever use coron when spraying liquid fert?

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

rkk95

coron?????????????

I am not sure I know what you are talking???

8. Yall answered this rather well. Find a supplier, they can help you make decisions on what to do. They know the turf and soil in your area.

9. Lawnnewbie,

Go to your local nursery and don't be afraid to ask them for help, if you have a lesco dealer in your area go see them and they have a four step program handout that tells you all you need to know.

Steve :cool:

10. you would think lesco is the only supplier, and handles the best products!