1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spraying for broadleaf

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Brown's LC & L, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

I know it's a little ways off, but I was wondering what is the best way to treat for broadleaf? In the past I've just used a weed and feed, but now I'm thinking about spraying this year using a back pack sprayer. I know the "spray rig" would be ideal, but they cost money. Any suggestions on a product and how to charge? I'm in SW MO. Thanks for the help!
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Charge to cover your overhead, truck and direct costs. Add about $20 per hour for your pay. Add about $20 per hour profit as compensation for the risk you take.

Weed killer--Lesco Three-way is a good basic weed killer. Later on switch to Lesco Eliminate if you have tough weeds. Read the label carefully. Calibrate carefully so you apply the right amount. Did you plan to spot spray (I hope not) or cover every square foot?