1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spraying in the heat

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Knightcasper, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

We received almost an inch yesterday. First rain we've had in pretty close to a month. Have had a handful of days over 100, the rest upper 90's for the last 7 wks or so. Dry fert and spot spray at full rate, just a much quicker "wisk" across the weed.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

So are those weeds soaking in the herbicide and dying? Which ones have not responded well?
  3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Broadleaf weeds respond well, grassy weeds other than NG, not so well. Remember, I don't spray drought stressed turf for the most part. Trust me, if weeds weren't being taken care of or I was destroying turf, I would hear about it. I've been doing this a very long time and I absolutely hate service calls, especially if something I or one of my guys did is the reason for it.
  4. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

5. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

all of the spraying we did back a few weeks ago turned out well. it has got hotter and drier since that time but the weeds responded to the treatment ok. the weeds died it just is taking longer due to the slower uptake of the chemicals.

We currently have only 1 questionable lawn, it was yellowing last friday so i think it is good but it is about a week behind the rest
    Posted via Mobile Device