1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spraying PAM anit-stick cooking spray under deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RoyalZ, Mar 20, 2005.

1. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

I am using the new 2005 husqvarna iZ4217T. i put three tough hours on it Saturday and when I got it off the carrier i checked the deck and blades out. Good hard blades but there was an abundance of green caky stuff-Grass that accumulated on this underside of the brand new deck. I was wondering if i should spray some PAM antistick on the bottom of the deck to keep that green stickky stuff-Grass from caking up on this new six grander! This one has to last me a while. Any suggestions or reply on wether i could use anit-cooking spray on the deck underneath?
  2. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

There is a product made for this. It's called MoDeck or MowDeck..something like that.

I don't have that problem with my ExMark Lazers!
  3. RoyalZ

RoyalZ LawnSite Member

THANKS I will definitely check into it. perhpas it is the same stuff as the cooking oil? I spent a bunch of time today washing the underside of the deck to get it close to clean. Seems like the product needs to work on metal or paint or both.
  4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Man must be nice to already drop the deck and go :( :( We still have about 6-8" of that white shift here. :cry:
  5. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

It's been melting, but not quick enough!! :angry:
  6. pike

pike LawnSite Member

Don't waste your money on the modeck product.
  7. mikeyshane331

mikeyshane331 LawnSite Member

yea, we have used PAM on our mower a couple of times and it seems to work pretty good, you just have to respray it ever so often.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

its just as fast to scrap the deck every night while changing the blades
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I know what you mean about the build-up under the deck. this time of year doing the first cut the grass is dry and hard to cut and evidently what is green is very sticky. It makes concrete under the deck! I sharpened my blades today and tried in vain to use a putty knife (the usual tool for the job) to break this crap loose. It's the same story every year... I finally invested 25 bucks in an air hammer chissle *sp* Now that made fast work of the crap! I'm sure I will be scraping this junk a few more times until the grass gets growing good. I have never tried any of the anti-stick sprays. I think you would have to clean the deck spotless in order to make it work. I have also heard that Pam was generally as good as the others for the job in the past, but like I said, Iv'e never tried it...
  10. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I dont think anything really works that well to waste your money on. We try to wash our decks at least every other day. Just something you have to deal with.