Spraying PSI & GPM question?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Bunton Guy, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

What PSI are you guys spraying at? What gun are you using and what pattern are you spraying at? IS there a specific walking pattern that you use? I keep tripping over my hose...do you guys hold a part of the hose as you walk? Do you walk forwards when spraying or work your way sideways so you dont get caught in the ' mist ' of the spray gun?

pump photo #1.jpg

2. Bunton Guy

That picture above is spraying at 35-38 PSI.

spray photo #1.jpg

3. Bunton Guy

JD-9 Gun above...pretty straight forward spray...does seem to shoot alot of mist at me if I walk to quick.

spray photo #2.jpg

4. Bunton Guy

Another angle of the spray pattern. Im not sure if its right...but its what my tech set me up with....I havent yet got the ' walk ' down yet I kinda look goofy tripping over my hose all the time. I will be watching closely to see how other spraying co's are doing it. I wear rubber boots (wal-marts almost up to the knee) and rubber gloves (the type you wash dishes with) is that enough?

5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Long Sleeves and Pants.

6. Bunton Guy

I supose as soon as I learn the ropes I will be getting the chemlawn gun.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Are you fogging for mosquito's???

My guy sprays the consistancy of what would come out of your mothers old watering can. Nice solid streams, about 20 individual streams.

I never seen any lawn spraying co. using a gun that puts out like yours!

8. Bunton Guy

Thats because its the wrong gun LOL ! I need to get a chemlawn gun at Lesco come Monday.

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

No, at least in Nebraska those gloves and boots could potentially get you a violation. You must have protective equipment that is rated for the pesticides that you are using. I purchase my gloves and boots from gemplers. Both are made with a product called nitrile. http://www.gemplers.com You should check with your core test information to see exactly what protective gear you are required to have. This information can also be found on the labeling of the pesticide.

10. Bunton Guy

I got the gloves at AM Leanard.