Spraying Q4

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by N8EvansLG, Aug 8, 2011.

1. N8EvansLG

N8EvansLG LawnSite Member

Hey guys, quick question for y'all. I am going to be spraying some Q4 this week, the temp is suppose to get up to the mid 80's. Does anyone think its nessecary to use sticker? I don't think i will, just wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks

2. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

sure, if you are spraying Q4 im guessing you are hitting hard to controls . or you wouldnt waste the money

loveland activator 90 will do the trick for CG and sedge

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

it is on the label you need to use one, hard to find, but it is there. you wont get much kill at all cuz it is water based if you dont use one

4. N8EvansLG

Thanks guys , i downloaded the lable on a pdf on my phone so its really hard to read.I will check out the lable on the jug tomorrow and see what the rate is for the sticker. Thanks again

5. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

qoute from the label---
    "Certain spray tank additives (adjuvants, wetting agents,
    surfactants), liquid fertilizers, and tank mixtures containing emulsifiable
    concentrates may reduce the selectivity on the turfgrass. Use
    adjuvants and spray additives or tank-mix combinations only when
    your experience indicates that the tank mixture will not result in
    objectionable turf injury."
    •

6. grassman177

yeah, but it does not control weeds without one, at least not well. tried it before.

i know you dont want too much surfactant, but i have never caused injury to turf with this before.

just like drive 75DF, you have to use a surfactant to get results, but too much and it will burn the crap outta the grass.

will have to go read the label now so i got things right, i always have to re read every year(cuz you are supposed to anyway!) and have not done so yet as i have not sprayed any yet

7. grassman177

ok, could not find anything on the label saying it is better to use one, but i can assure here at least it is, i am gonna check the surge label now, cuz i swear it said something on one of the two labels about this........

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Q4 without spreader is flushing money down the toilet.

We use Hawkeye....

9. grassman177

ok,same on both labels, my bad

but, here, there is almost little to no effect without a surfactant mixed in as long as it is not too much that it can turn bad for the turf.

10. N8EvansLG

I'm gonna go ahead and use some sticker with it after reading everyone input , I'm just going to be on the safe side and use 1/4oz per gallon , it should be ok since im using the minimum rate of 2.6 per 1000sq feet. I appreciate everyones help. I was just worried about burning the turf. It was been 95 degrees plus for over a month here in MO snd we are finally getting a break fron the heat. Lots of sedge and spurge out there. Gotta get it while i can, Thanks again everyone