1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spraying UFlexx from Zspray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Joshuakwhit, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Anybody have any knowledge of doing this? Going to purchase a intermediate here shortly before Rd. 1 starts if not than maybe before Rd. 2.

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device

3. FdLLawnMan

Not enough water carrier coming out of a rideon unless you are only going to put out only 1/10 lb of nitrogen. Why not just spread the UFLEXX in granular form? That's what I do out of my T3000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Joshuakwhit

Well thats what i suspected not enough carrier. Just wasnt sure of myself. Do you spread UFlexx granule all year long? How many lbs. per k or acre? Do you ever spike it with alittle urea for spring or fall apps.
    Thanks for the info. Will be my first year with a ride on before that i was all liquid using UFlexx.

5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

You can change te nozzles to put out more. I do all granular Fert though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. FdLLawnMan

My blends use both ammonium sulfate and urea along with UMAXX & UFLEXX in differing ratios depending on the time of year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

I Spray stabilized urea on with a Z spray. I go around 1/8 lb. (1/2 gallon per thousand water). I use this on round 1 going with all liquid barricade. I put around 1 to 1 1/2 of n on in the fall. The liquid fert gives it a little boost in gaining color. In round to I go with a good dry controlled release.

8. Joshuakwhit

Get this straight you are not liquid all year long just spring and fall apps. not summer correct.
    Posted via Mobile Device