spraying with a chance of rain

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1stclasslawns, May 13, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

With the weather we have had around us latly I have been reluctlant to spray. And now I find myself a ways behind on applications. we do have some chance of rain tomarrow and I can't mow because of an inch today.

I am going to use a sticker and tri-mec with some pendimethilum, any tips from some of you who have been in the business for a while?

Jim

2. mr.lawnzap

mr.lawnzap LawnSite Member
    from tulsa

why putting pre-emergant down this late? if you were just putting down pre-ems alittle rain is a good thing, but if youve got trimec in your mix it will probably not kill any weeds if raining.by the way its called pendamethalin.

3. mr.lawnzap

from tulsa

i was also thinking why name it naturalawn if you use chemicals? you dont seem very knowledgeable about them . are you even certified?

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Ok, Mr. Know- It-All. guess I could learn alot from you, you even have a BS. I, too, just finished putting down Pre-M. It's my second split-application for the spring. So what if he mis-spelled it. I agree with you on the Trimec.

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Just because someone is certified, does not mean the he or she will know everything about it. You should know that alot of it comes from experience. How long have you been in biz? Oh, BTW, AR is considered the NATURAL state.

6. Use the max rate on the sticker, read the label and find the rainfast, depending on the weather your rainfast could be cut in half, meaning dry time.

With the sticker, you have a good chance of minimal wash off. Heck I think you get better coverage with approaching moisture, and wet leaves.

7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

LGF, Greenman Thanks for the help, I just looked at the radar and I'll wait for a while today but I think it'll be ok later in the day.

Jim

Mr. lawnzap, I am certified, HOWEVER, I am also willing to ADMIT I do not know everything about them. I am using this forum as a resource the way it was intended. I am drawing on the vast experience of those willing to HELP. This is my first year to be certified and I don't wish to screw anything up. BTW I also am putting down a split application of preM. If you are so smart you would know about split applications. But I can see by your profile you haven't been around here for long, and your young to boot. Sir, your advice will not be taken seriously by anyone untill you have proven yourself to others on this board, and smart*** comments will not get you far. I've been on this forum about as long as youve been in business and a word of advice if you cant help don't post.

8. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

9. LawnMagic1

LawnMagic1 LawnSite Member

Naturalawn....I notice that you said you were certified. Do you not have to have a liceanse to spray in Arkansas? Trimec with a sticker will probally work but you are still taking a chance of losing it's effectiveness with all the rain we are having. But hey its worth a try...you can always re-spray. Also, I think its just a little late to be spraying pre-m's. What zone are you in?

Later!:waving:

10. mr.lawnzap

from tulsa

its a waste of time to spray any thing in the rain exept pre-ems thats common sense , put it down right and theres no need for split apps. no need to get pissy because someones right. just because youve been in business for a while doesnt mean jack,before i went out on my own my former general manager who was certified and had been in this line for a while was one of the least knowledgeable and sorriest applicators i have ever seen.so if you think your special because youve been on this site for so long your wrong. if youve been doing this for so long why ask us if you should spray in the rain? you should already know those answers. by the way i feel soory for you if your a razorback fan. if you want to argue about split apps bring it on, thers 2 schools of thought to the subject, especially if your still using pendamethalin instead of dimension