Spreader Carrier

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Oasis1, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Oasis1

Oasis1 LawnSite Member

Hey i saw this guy a while back and he had his spreader mounted on the back of his truck on his tailgate. Have any of you seen this before or is this a self fabricated thing. I looked in Lescos website and saw nothing. Also do you guys know of any good monthly turf magazines and where to get them I've been searching and cant seem to find anything. Also i wanted to thank everyone for this website. I havent been a member long but the amount of info you give and the knowledge I've learned in the past month has been incredable

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about a hand spreader? There are some good pictures on here of some that were built by members. I'm sure a search would turn some up.

3. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

there are a bunch of these made, to carry the spreader off the hitch instead of bed loading.
    http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1414
    is an example of one found quickly. As far as monthly mags geared toward us, there's a whole slew, turf, pro, lawn and landscape just to name a few.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

My 2 cents they look silly.

5. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco has two that are hitch mounted...........1] is for the walk behind [ about 50 bucks]and the other is for a perma green.......... :waving: :cool2:

6. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I have one mounted on a front hitch. Love it. Allows me to pull a trailer and still store my spreader.

[​IMG]

7. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

that looks...aerodynamic..lol...what does that thing do going down the freeway? I'd certainly doubletake if I saw that in my rearview mirror coming up behind me! on the bright side, no worries about any fert left in the hopper to cake up!

8. LonniesLawns

from KS

Guess I can't direct link it -- will post as an attachment

Attached Files:

9. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering out loud here....but would that spreader be better off mounted to the back of the trailer?

no big deal, its fine in front...but does look a bit odd?

10. LonniesLawns

from KS

No reason I see that it would be better.