Spreader for ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, May 11, 2001.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

I have several large lawns that I apply with granular fertilizers, lime and weed control. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas or know of anybody who makes a good spreader that attacthes to a ZTR. I bought an Agrifab pull behind but I think it would work better to be mounted on ZTR. :confused:

2. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Spyker makes one that several of the guys here have said is good, but I've never found it on the web or in one of the catalogs. It may be at Lesco, but we don't have that critter out here on the frontier, so if anyone has suggestions I could use a good ZTR mounted spreader too. Thanks, Will M>

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Spread 4 Mow makes a nice one, I sure like mine.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Jrco which I hooked up a 12 Volt sprayer so I can spread and Spray at the same time. I love it, works great for me.

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. I bought a Agrifab several years ago and was very unhappy with it (unstable and no control). Picked up a Lesco 12volt mounted it to the front of a DC and it works great. I now walk only very small lawns. I had to have a frame mounting bracket welded up, but it takes only about 5 min. to attach the spreader to the DC with 2 bumper bolts and there was no drilling on the frame. Good Luck!!!

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought an Earthway M21,made my own mount on the front of my Dixie,but havent used it yet.So i cant report.I bought it because it was 1/2 the price of the others,and i dont do a lot of jobs with it to justify the cost.I hope it works out good.I wanted the JRCo,but at 900 bucks,i couldnt justify the cost being PT,and home use only.

8. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

try jthomasdistributors.com

You can buy an agrifab electric spreader for a ztr. You supply bracket for mounting, though. Works pretty well, but have only spread (3) skids of material so far with it. Cost is $339 i think-- Jrco is nice but for three times the price? How much will you use it; that is the key.

gus

9. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have 2 Spyker electrics....both 220# models, like them much better than any other one i have found. The thing is just better built. Go to www.spyker.com it will show you the 2 different electric models. Hope this helps...:eek:

10. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

wow I had to pull up my recipt for my Jrco spreader. I paid $569.00 and 80 for the mounting bracket. Just letting you know 900 seems awfull high.