1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spreader Graveyard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdoctor, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

I am shopping, again! for a spreader. This time,I am asking for help from current users of the following spreaders. JRCO electric, Spyker electric, groundtek electric. Do you like? Problems? Recommend? How much did you pay? I am getting ready to buy two more electrics, and just need feedback.

Spreaders that have been buried and will not buy again:
    BUSY BUZZER,Earthway with weed eater motor, Earthway pro push model. Lesco Electric!

Favorite manual spreaders = Lesco Stainelss push and Earthway shoulder bucket.

P.S. Busy Buzzer for sale, cheap!
  2. Anderson Lawn & Landscape

Anderson Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Turfdoc where in Fairview are you? Are you on Horn Tavern Rd?
  3. What's the issues with the Lesco electric truckster model?
  4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have all spyker spreaders. These are the best ones that I have found for the versitily and adjustability. I currently have a spyker 220 electric that went all season and shows no signs of wear other than the prop. I really like it and put on about 40 tons of fert with it this year. I also own 5 spyker push spreaders they are great. I modify them to use a wheelbarrow handle instead of a T because I don't like T handles. I suggest you look into them. I have used others but this one is the most durable and easiest to use. Oh the push model I have is the golfstaff. Hope it helps.
  5. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

I live on Horn Tavern. My house is the third from hwy 100. It is currently for sale! I also have that big white spray truck for sale by Buried treasures. Want it? What do you do? How long you been in Fairview?
  6. It is good to see some more guys from middle Tenn. here at lawnsite. Welcome to the best lawn care forum on the web.