spreader holder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Jan 11, 2005.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

made by lesco, fits older high wheel spreaders ( letters instead of numbers )

photos 145.jpg

2. James Cormier

from Ma

older spreader on it

photos 136.jpg

3. James Cormier

from Ma

New spreader wont fit

photos 150.jpg

4. James Cormier

from Ma

James Cormier]New spreader wont fit

photos 151.jpg

5. James Cormier

from Ma

More snow coming tonite

photos 127.jpg

6. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

we always just put the spreader in the bed of the truck and just bungee it down, that way if your chute accidently opens up you just spill in the bed instead of all over the street

7. James Cormier

from Ma

Thats why you turn the nob and put it all the way to A, then that dosnt happen, I always empty the spreader anyways.

8. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

turning it to A works for the big granulars, but if your putting down something real fine like PCNB it still spills, I've never been good at gauging eactly how much product a lawn will need, I usually underestimate and then gotta go back to the truck to get the bag to finish the lawn and the I always put in way more than I need for the rest of the lawn, then its really tough to pour the product back in the bag when your by yourself, a bucket works well but your using multiple products this gets tricky too

9. Turf Smart

Turf Smart LawnSite Member

There is a spreader holder for the new style spreader as well.
    I got one for mine. It costs $55.00 It's considered "universal"
    It looks like the same thing, just different dimensions.

Lawnboy If your spreader still leaks when on "A" then it needs to be adjusted. The holes where the fert flows through are not closed all the way. You should not see daylight through them.

10. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the holder from lesco that holds both like I did. or flip it upside down weld tabs for the wheels and new tab with holes in it for the rest. Thats all Lesco did to make one that holds both.