Spreader-mate. what do you think?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by livingsoils, Jan 19, 2006.

1. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

I am making the step and starting my own company (finally!) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on the Spreader-mate? It is a sprayer that drops into you spreader. Also, I was wondering if there are any other companies that make something similar. Any one use the Herbi applicator? Thanks for the info.

2. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

lesco makes one that fits on the side of the spreader so u can still spread granualrs tot at the same time.It runs off of a battery not sure how much it can hold, ive nevr used one just seen a few companies around here wit them.

3. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

4. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

are they effective?

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have bumpy yards and you think it isn't fun pushing a spreader around loaded with fertilizer wait until you push around all that water bouncing
    around the yard.

Just get a backpack until you need something bigger.

6. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one a couple of days ago. I was told it will be at my place in a couple of weeks. I do alot of small yards in the city. around 5000 sq,ft. And like to start early in the morning. I figured with no engines running and such small yards it would be perfect for what I need. Time will tell.

7. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

I decided to go with the permagreen 2 gallon tank sprayer. I haven't really used it yet but i think it is a neat design. After a Sunday afternoon of swearing :hammerhead: trying to install it and no help from permagreen I finally got it installed.:clapping: I tried it around the yard and it seems it will work well.

On a side note, has anyone had poor service from Permagreen?:confused: Their tech person was rude and pretty much told me that I was wrong. I had to fix it so it would fit my lesco spreader even though they said it would fit exactly. He told me that I must be doing something wrong.

I needed on of these :drinkup: after my Sunday.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I had one a few years ago and liked everything except the spray booms that kept getting broken off. they have changed to the boom-less sprayer that looks good. let me know how you like it!

9. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

I find it hard to believe that this boomless sprayer can be used at the same time as you are fertilizing. It's seems like the fertilizer would be flying into the spray pattern and the fertiizer pellets would get knocked right down with the spray. Basically i think this would screw up your fertilizer throw pattern that lesco spreaders pride themselves on, right? Although i agree that if you have small lawn this looks like a sweet set up. How many gallons is the perma burn tank holding? Ilooked into the spreadermate one and thought WAY TO EXPENSIVE..i could build a unit to strap on my ex mark walk behind for about a quarter of that price. How much is other unit made by perma burn? As you may be able to tell, i am not a fan of them, if i could afford a ride on unit it would be z-spray. I operated one for the company i worked for before i started my own business and i think nothing compares too it. Since i just started out last season(for myself) i only could afford thelesco spreader and couple backpacks. But as i am growing i have to get something for this weed season also. I think i might manufacture something for my exmark and by a sulke. But i am curious on the cost of this unit. Thanks, sorry to ramble:dizzy: