Spreader Racks for Lesco Spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Xterminator, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone Know where I can get one that mounts on the truck instead of the trailer hitch and how much it is.

2. Xterminator

Next question is. If not does anyone want to by one if i Start welding ?

3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I could use one to mount in my enclosed trailer.:clapping:

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I think you would have a lot of interest if you can do it at a good price, it would be even better to make it so you can use both the PG or lesco if possible.

5. Xterminator

I'll be starting construction soon like tomorrow I think

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to see if one would be able to work inside a box truck, I would imagine it would be the same design as the enclosed trailer.

7. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

If I remeber right Westheffer has one for a flatbed. It has alot of moving part though and had a tendency to get stiff. It's the style CL used to use along side the 1200 gal. tankers on the bed. In the Rhino bodies there was just a piece of steel mounted on the wall that came out a few inches and the bar on the front of the Lesco spreader would hook under it and when you let the handle bars down it would sort of lock it in place. It was very simple-literally a couple bucks. I use one in my enclosed. I know I'm not explaining it very well, but I'm sure others know what I mean...a little help??
    Marc

8. Xterminator

A couple of bucks??? Lesco is selling the reciever hitch for over $100.00

9. Xterminator

Im thinking $70.00 plus shipping (under $10.00)

10. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't mean to burst your entreprenerial bubble, just saying what works for me. I'm trying to get a sketch of what I'm talking about uploaded right now, but if my past computer experiences are any indication, don't hold your breath!