spreader roation... what way?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 17, 2005.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Lesco truckster electric spreader and need to know what way the spreader is supposed to spin... i am getting a lot of spray beside the mower on one side and not hardly any on the other side.... thanks guys

2. C.T. Lawn Care

does anyone know?

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I know the forward moving spreader turn counterclockwise.

4. Turf Smart

Turf Smart LawnSite Member

Make sure all the holes are open when spreading. There is a slide plate on the bottom for the hole that spreads to the right of the spreader.
    The impeller (the spreader shouldn't spin :D ) spins whatever way it was designed to spin. It will not affect the spread pattern. You should make sure it is spinning at the normal speed however. Hope that helps!

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

This is where i would start. Good Luck!

6. C.T. Lawn Care

So are you saying there is a plate on the bottom that adjusts the spread to the right?

7. Turf Smart

Turf Smart LawnSite Member

Yes, all Lesco spreaders have a plate on the underneath side of the holes which has a slide plate over it to adjust the far right hole. There is actually an optional lever attachment to open or close it from the spreading position. It should be closed every time you lower the side deflector, if you have one.
    Make sure that ALL holes are all the way open when you begin to spread. Just tilt the spreader forward and make sure you can see three flowing rows of fert. I learned of all this the hard way. You can streak a lawn pretty easily.

8. C.T. Lawn Care

ok... well i opened that plate all the way but it was on the opposite side of the spread problem... it was on the right if you were looking at it from the front.. but if you were looking at it from the front then the spreader was throwing it was out to the left... do you think this will help it? lol
    just wondering... what way does your impeller spin lol

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am all confuseded (notice the ed on the end of confused)

10. C.T. Lawn Care

ok... looking at it from the front (as in standing infront of the mower) it shoots a lot to the left and not that much to the right. i was just wondering if you guys with a lesco truckster electric spreader knew what way the Impeller was supposed to spin because the guys at lesco said to make sure it spins the right way so that i dont get heavey fert on one side and not much on the other side.