spreader settings

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by toughguy5, Jun 23, 2007.

1. toughguy5

toughguy5 LawnSite Member

i am going to apply LESCO CrossCheck® EZ Granular
    Insecticside to my lawn and i cant find the spreader settings on the Lesco website, ,i mean i found the setting option but it doesnt have settings for this pesticide. iam using a scotts speedy green 2000, thanks for your help.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It's under "Solution Center" at the top of Lesco's site. You have to enter in the product though.

3. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

Lesco sells a set of calibration keys, you can set the size of the spreader opening for they're products with the keys. Your local Lesco should have a set for sale, or you can check Lesco's web page online.

4. toughguy5

thanks for the quick reply, i went to the solutions center i put in this info "#089367 CROSSCHECK EZ GRANULAR INSECTICIDE 25# BAG" and i get no settings for this item, then i tried the other way and nothing. am i doing something wrong or there is no setting s for this item. thank you

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I did a search under pest control products & Crosscheck is discontinued. You will probably have to go into Lesco & get one of those things that checks your opening on the spreader.

6. toughguy5

thank you.

7. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

The Crosscheck EZ is a new product, so I doubt if they have a Scott's setting yet.

8. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

There are dozens of spreaders out there, all with their own calibrations.

I think that's a fine particle product, so use whatever setting you'd use for a weed and feed product. That's just a ballpark suggestion. Hard to calibrate anything with a Scott's POS spreader

The Lesco calibration gauges they sell are for calibrating a Lesco spreader only.

My suggestion would be to buy yourself a decent spreader. Well wortht inthe long run. Lesco's is the industry standard, will last you forever. But, at $350, out of reach for most homeowners. Earthway makes a decent one. You can get a low-end commercial Earth way for around $100-$150.

9. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

The setting for your scotts is going to be around "5" this product is an elite particle size and is just like the Talstar ez and crosscheck PL 25 pounders.
    Go at a higher rate if you want to get control of hardshells/flea and tick.

10. toughguy5