Spreader Sticker (lesco's)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TSM, Aug 15, 2006.

1. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

okay,
    dont use stickers much so i have a question.

the label says typical turf herbicide application use 1 - 3 pints sticker per 100 gals. (thats 16oz - 48ozs, right? which equals just shy of .5oz per gal at the high rate)

sooo, in an 8 gal PG tank would you add 4 ozs sticker? (.5 oz X 8 gal)

If we're getting 34,000 sq ft coverage from that 8 gal tank will the 4 ozs per 8 gals do it??

Any problems with clogging when using the sticker in a PG?

thank you

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

No problem with clogging--but--the amout of foam will be outrageous. When you fill for the second, third and fourth times foam my come out the top before tank is full. Or maybe its just me.
    Be sure you have some WD-40 to spray in tank to kill the foam. Of course, much better results from an agricultural defoamer.
    As a matter of fact, I believe the directions on the Hawkeye label are incorrect. I use a similar product (Drench, a silicone wetting agent) and its label suggests 2 to 13 ounces per 100 gallons. But i never use it in my Permagreen, because of foam. I use it in my 400 gallon fertilizer/weed killer tank.
    Anybody agree or disagree?
    :)

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I, too use Lesco Spreader/Sticker in my 200 gal. nurse tank. It's cheap insurance and well worth it. I use 2 pts. (1 qt.) per 100. I also use Recede from Lesco in the bulk tank to knock down the foam before it gets to the Turf Tracker or PG. It only takes a couple ozs. per 100 to take out the foam. On another note I tried 2.5 of Pro Source One's sticker called "Preference" earlier this year. I don't know what the difference is, but the PG suction screen and nozzle screens would build up with a gummy substance about every 8 or 10 tanks. The Lesco product doesn't cause this. Hope this helps, Marc

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I use 2 0z spreader/sticker to 12 gal with my permagreen. I use defoamer if needed, but it seldom does.

5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Is this common practice?