spreader sticker question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wildstarblazer, Feb 6, 2013.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you use a spreader sticker when spraying a broadleaf herbicide even if the label does not say you need to?

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, do as the direction say....

3. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

We use a wetting agent when spraying 3 way but some labels say not to because it may cause damage some of the newer herbicides already have them in the product

No we don't always add them if the lable say no than i don't

Most don't use a spreader sticker in lawn care

Charles Cue

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Once more, a spreader sticker is used to keep non systemic fungicides and insecticides on foliage. It should not be used for systemic herbicides expected to hit leaves, penetrate, then translocate.

Some products like Speedzone have a good surfactant system already in the product. I have previously said that I use Speedzone as a surfactant and "heat it up" additive for slower acting systemic herbicides. Amine based Three Way usually needs a good surfactant to work. Non ionic or an acidifying buffer surfactant work well.

5. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I was reading the label for speedzone and several other formulas and they say, do not apply when grass is in transition to green up, or when expected to be below 40 degrees within 10 days, or over 85 degrees, or when dry or this or that,

what the hey? When can you spray? When the moon aligns with Mars?:laugh:

Too many variables with this weed spraying stuff. I'm gonna try sticking with cultural and spot spray techniques..Urgghh..:dizzy: