Spreader Sticker?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bntt68, Oct 13, 2006.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

How much adjuvant or Spreader Sticker would I use per gallon of water in a low-volume sprayer that uses 1/3 of a gallon per 1000 sq. ft. I am spraying broadleaf with 3-way ester. I use it in my backpack sprayer with no problems. Do you use the same amount for a low volume sprayer?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I always use about what amounts to 2 ounces in my 8 gallon tank. I CAN tell you that some things work better with heavier sticker.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

For most wetting agents use about one-fourth ounce per gallon. That is 1 ounce for 4 gallons. In low volume applications it is cheap--Ok to estimate--excess probably won't hurt.
    HOWEVER--foaming could be a problem. If you have bypass agitation you may have problems refilling because foam will come out the top.
    Use anti-foam from your agricultural dealer.

4. bntt68

Thanks!! I have the walkbehind z-spray with a 8 gallon tank. 2 ounces sounds good.

5. bntt68

2 oz. just did not seem like much spread over 24,000 sq. ft.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

bntt68: question for you... How do you like your spreader and how much $$ was it? Why did you choose the walk-behind model over a stand on model? Next year I'd really like to step up to a machine that can spray and spread without dragging hose that I just dont have time for... Don't really know that the permagreen is for me and wanted more info on the z-spray models.

Thanks!

7. bntt68

I really like my walkbehind Z-SPRAY!! I contacted Tom Rich the owner about demoing one. I was leaving for vacation and he suggested I meet him there on JULY4th!!!! No problem , I was leaving the 5th. 3400.00 was the price. All of my properties are under 10,000sq. ft. Mostly gated back yards. The guys at Z-spray are awesome. How big are your props? One problem you will have is having alot of extra time and money on your hands after purchasing a z-spray. One feature I did like is the big pump on the z compared to the permagreen. You get cotinous agitation with it.

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the info, the price compared to the permagreen is pretty good really, even though it IS a walk behind it's still a zero turn and maneuverable unlike the perma and the lesco HPS. I have some larger properties, largest I fert is about 1.5 acres. Average is probably around 12 to 15K, but there's also the 2 to 5K ones as well that only take maybe 10 minutes to push. Granted I don't do a LOT, I have about 50 fert customers, mostly are also mowing customers. I use a Lesco truckster spreader mounted on a mower for most of the big properties but I can't spray with it, and yes I have tried many ways to rig a spray tank on it.

I talked to a salesman, formerly from Lesco now running the turf side of Gardenwise in wichita ks. He told me they were supposed to start selling the z-spray units this past summer but I never talked to him more about it of their fert since I have been dealing with lesco.