1. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

BUYING V BOX NOT MANY OF THE DIFFERENT MODELS HAVE FEED ADJUSTABLE SEPERATE FROM SPINNER. IS THIS NOT REALLY A CONCERN?<br>ALSO NOT MANY OF THE SPINNERS ARE ADJUSTABLE IN CAB ONLY THE DEFLECTORS?<br>I THINK YOU NEED MORE CONTROL!? OPINIONS?

2. BillNero

BillNero LawnSite Member
    from IL

I think you'll find all the Gas Engine Driven models do NOT have seperate controls for the Conveyor feed and spinner speed. You'd have to go to a Hydraulic unit with two hydraulic motors and a dusl flow control to acheive that. The conveyor feed is however adjustable thus allowing you to run the spinner fast while limiting the amount of salt to it.<p>I would say this is all you really need but you may want to ask the guys that actually salt for their opinion.<p>----------<br>THINK SNOW!<br>Bill

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

You can't get a gas driven spreader whith different rate controlls for feed and spinner, as far as i know. It really isn't necessary either. I don't think i have adjusted the deflectors on any of my v-boxes more than once or twice a season.<p>Geoff

4. Alan

Alan Member

Torwell V boxes allow you to vary spinner speed. And you can control material flow with a gate on the bedchain. As far as I know that is the only brand which allows this.

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Curtis makes a unit with a gas over hydro drive system.<br>I use a smith electric spreader with simple on off. I control material with the feed gate, and the spinner speed is one speed.<br>the best up grade you can make is an urethane spinner. We changed to a 6 vein 14&quot; spinner from the 3 vein 12 spinner that was originally installed on the spreader.<br>I dont see the need for dual rate speed control, if anything I run the material a little on the light side, and just go over the area 2x.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

My bradford gasser has an adjustable feed gate ,and an elecrtic clutch,I feel this is all you need.I set mine a lttle thin too,I hate to apply to much material or have to fly around corners so because its throwing it so thick,id rather go over it twice.My spinner is a 4vein,about 10-12&quot; in diameter,how much are those spinners Dino?<p>----------<br>John D<br>

7. vince

vince LawnSite Member

Dino,<p>Curtis has Torwell in Mass. build their boxes, and they are factory Torwell boxes with Curtis's name. Good boxes with an excellent track record<p>vince

8. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

That spinner will $*****.**<br>I dont like to talk prices on the site, it is disrespecfull to the adimistator. However feel free to e mail me and I will quote you.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org