spreaders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vipermanz, Mar 7, 2002.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i need to invest in a light duty spreader, my only question is broadcast or drop????????:)

2. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Any time I've ever used a drop I get stripes. Unless it is a very small area. I'd go broadcast. Harvestman

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

drops are no good and waste of money, go with broadcast.

4. vipermanz

that's what i'm leaning towards

5. Get youself one of those little plastic hand held rotary jobs at the wal mart for around $10.

If you are mowing lawns with 21" machines that's all the spreader you need.

6. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

How about exploring the requirements for a fertilizer applicators license in your area. So you can start of on the right foot.
    A drop spreader done wrong will cause you to loose a ton of customers two weeks later if you don't know what your doing.

Go to Lesco, invest the $375, and do it right. Please.

7. vipermanz

it's for my personal usage, thanks for the help scottie and harvestman!

8. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

Try an earthway professional red bucket on wheels. It is the only spreader they make that is decent besides the red bucket shoulder model. I have their larger model which sucks compared to a Lesco, and their motorized model which also sucks. The reason I recommend their red bucket on wheels professional model is you said you wanted a small spreader. It holds about forty pounds, has stainless frame, and costs about $180.00. Lesco spreaders are fine if you need a bigger model and want to spend more $.

9. vipermanz

i've seen those at my dealer and they seem solid

10. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member