1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Right now i only use V box spreaders. This is because in maine everyone uses a sand/salt mix, once every 10 years someone will use pure salt. We plow an office complex with about 3 miles of walkways. We have been salting the walkways with our toro workman and a tow behind spreader. I want to keep the workman at the shop, and might buy a single stage salt spreader for one a pickup. Anyways how do these single stages work? Do any of you own one? The walkway is wide 10 feet wide so the spread must adjust to that, so not to salt the lawn.<p>Geoff

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Geoff<br>If you use a single stage you will need to use a FREE flowing DRY material.They will clog with wet, or large granuals. Have you looked at downeasterns line of spreaders? They have a full line, including a small v box that fits a JD gator type utility truck, and a two stage tailgate spreader.<br>If you are worried about salt damage try magic -0 coated salt. It runs about 7.50$ per 50 lb bag and I can set you up with the distributer, and have a bulk shipment sent to you. They do a 1 pallet minimum with 50 bags per pallet.e-mail me <br>plowking35@aol.com<br>and I will send you the particulars.<br>Also where in Maine are you? I have good friends that live in Sebec and I go up at least 4-5 times a year.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment Think Snow

3. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Geoff<br>If you use a single stage you will need to use a FREE flowing DRY material.They will clog with wet, or large granuals. Have you looked at downeasterns line of spreaders? They have a full line, including a small v box that fits a JD gator type utility truck, and a two stage tailgate spreader.<br>I personally use v box type spreaders. My truck has a smith stainless steel with electric motor. It is great, no gas engine, no fouled plugs, no noise. Just flip a switch and it goes. The apartment/condo crowd loves them. <br>Downeasterner makes a similar unit. <br>If you are worried about salt damage try magic -0 coated salt. It runs about 7.50$ per 50 lb bag and I can set you up with the distributer, and have a bulk shipment sent to you. They do a 1 pallet minimum with 50 bags per pallet.e-mail me <br>plowking35@aol.com or try my web site<br>www.thehousedoktor.com<br>I should have a magic-0 page up soon.<br>and I will send you the particulars.<br>Also where in Maine are you? You should also try the SIMA site.<br>www.sima.org<br>We will be having our annual meeting and show in Prtland Maine this year, and we would love to see you there. They are the only trade orginization for the snow removal industry, and they are first rate.<br> I have good friends that live in Sebec and I go up at least 4-5 times a year.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment Think Snow

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I really wanna get the workman out of the snow. If i do anything i will be a tailgate spread 1 or two stage on a truck. I just wanna make sure that when you spread, you can controll the with. Why spread 25 feet of salt when ya only need to spread 10.<p>Geoff

5. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Get the optional reistat control, that will limit the speed of the spinner<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment Think Snow