spreaders.....

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by FIREMAN, Jan 2, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

ok here goes a stupid ?....I want a small spreader for residentials...looked at an earthway also heard snow ex has a small truck mounted spreader....just want something to put on the one jeep I have..anyone ever use or hear good/bad about any of these???

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered the SnowEx 575 on Thursday & had it Fed Exed for Friday & installed it. It mounts in the trailer hitch. Works great for bagged material (dry) Was buying bulk salt that was kind of wet & it didn't do so well with it. I have a few small lots further from the main route so I wanted to be able to salt those lots with my blazer while there instead of sending the larger spreader truck. Worked out great. From what I could see in the pictures of the Earthway in catalogs, it didn't seem as heavy duty as the Snow Ex IMO.

3. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a fisher speed caster II and it does both wet sand and dry materials.This is a two stage spreader and it can mount below via a hitch system or into the bed of a pickup .used it today and it works very well with wet sand.cost about$2,200 uninstalled.