1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spreading Mulch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fwilamosky, May 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who I have been with for 2 years and he has gotten an estimate for $15 an hour to spread bulk mulch. I spread mulch for $25 a yard and i cant even compete with $15 an hour to bust my a@@ for mulch. Thanks to all the illegals i lost a 10 cubic yard mulch job

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

WOW. I've done 6 mulch jobs in the last few weeks. On all of them my lowest hourly was $78hr without the price of the mulch. The highest was $92 and change.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

$15 an hour!! Better to work at walmart with benefits, tuition reimbursement and a matching 401k then to work for $15 an hour. I charge $65-$70 a yard to deliver and install mulch not including any bed prep. or weeding.

4. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

At $25 a yard...you're an under cutter! Please don't move into my area! I charge $60-$75 to spread a yard of mulch...plus the price of mulch.

5. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

My price is for sure going up next year, but that doesn't include prepping all the flower beds and edging either. So it comes out to around 65 an hour

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Then again 2 years really ain't no time.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  7. MyYardPeople

MyYardPeople LawnSite Member

I am between $75-$85 per yard on mulch... $25 a yard? come do my house :)

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

in my neck of the woods the going rate to just spread mulch that's already on site is $25 per yard.

if I'm bringing the mulch with me or buying it and having it delivered its $55-$65 per yard.

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

55 to 65 an hour delivered and spread here too. I can spread a yard in less than half an hour.
    Had a 22 yard job last week. Hired 3 temps for 4 hours each. Plus one of my guys. Trenched, spread, cleaned and gone in 4 hours.

160 in temp labor. Job cost me less than 800 with material and labor and delivery. Got paid just under 1400.00

Id like to do mulch every day at 60 a yard.

10. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

If we lay out bags, I charge $2 per bag to lay it out and my guys can lay about 140 bags an hour. (3 guys) If I lay it in bulk, I charge $75 per yard and that it mulch and labor included. My best mulching job, I clear $3000 for a four hour job! It takes me between 6-8 guys to lay it.
    Posted via Mobile Device