Spring 1st round pricing

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

As I look out my window at more snow today, I dream of green grass and fert a flingin':)

Got pricing for 1st round. 15-0-0 .28 Barricade, 80% RXN (stabilized nitrogen). $15/bag or $1.67/K applied at medium rate.

Others?

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We have dark green grass and fert was flung!

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Coating of ice and sand/salt flung around today. Looking out window, 40 mph winds, temp says 20. A year ago it was 80!

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Isn't it amazing the difference? We were full green last year at this time too.

5. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

Im really starting to not like people who say they actually like winter..:laugh:....this has got to friggin change already. Ok i know it was way early last year, but man something gotta give this year. Grass hasnt even had a chance around here yet

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I know - not to change into a weather thread but were in the low 20's all week, 0 for lows and a possible system coming in again for the weekend. At this point my snow removal business wasnt the greatest, grass mowing last season waas not good, already talked to about water restrictions for start up irrigation work.

7. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy cow. My cost is $1.15 for .28 Barricade, 80% Nutrisphere. Of course I had to buy 2 semi's worth of fertilizer to get that price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Is stabilized nitrogen worth more or less than sulfur coat?

9. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Nutrisphere is the cheapest form of stabilized nitrogen that I know of. It last's up to 8 weeks. A lot of the polycoats no longer have any sulfur coating anymore due to cost. I use a lot of UFLEXX & UMAXX products but have used Nutrisphere with preemergent the past couple years. It's ok but maybe switching to a little more longer lasting product next year depending on the cost structure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

I am not nearly that big of operation. I am closer to a couple pallet operation:)
    Hence my price not as good.