1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

spring 2013

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Mar 12, 2013.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like we will start two weeks later than last season due to the march snow! I hope we can roll by april 1st! There is a lot of clean up to do before we can start apps.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto we have snow pack here as well. I am thinking it will be lucky if I start clean-ups and Rd1 by mid April. More than likely will be end of April which is normal for around here.
  3. The Skeeter Defeater

The Skeeter Defeater LawnSite Member

Nice to see someone from Ma.
  4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

We've been under ice with snow on top for a long time now... this ice is still getting thicker and the snow isn't 'settling' very much at all...

But Spring is on its way when a huge Arctic blast doesn't put us below 0, anymore... I think Friday morning may go below however...
  5. lawn king

More snow today, and another snow event forecast for 3 22 13. I hate to start the season playing catch up right out of the gate!
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Low temp tonight = teens. High tomorrow = 28/wind chill in the teens (not good). All propertities still have some sort of snow on the ground (snow piles/ snow in the shade/sun). I visited our areas larger LCO's the past couple days, and they are also extremely concerned about getting a late start. Some brought all their employees on board & are experiencing salary expense that will adversely affect the "bottom line". Man - this totally sucks.

Latest start I can remember was March 28, but that was in the early 90's. Tough deal this year for everybody. Definitely gunna be a shorter season compared to last year.
  7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Back to the zero marks again and very possibly below, with no relief in the forecast... It's hard to believe that our brief period in the upper 30s , WAS our, "Coming In Like A Lamb"...
  8. lawn king

We may get a couple of inches along the coast thursday and they are watching a coastal storm for monday 3 25 13. One of my legacy accounts (20 years) called monday and requested that i come aerate the athletic fields and app the spring chemicals this weekend? I told them i would do my best? Anyone got a REALLY BIG BLOWDRYER I can borrow?
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

THIS SUCKS!!!!

I was reading about you guys and felt sorry for ya as we were able to get started. Now we have snow and they are calling for more. We are pulling our hair out. Still have plenty of time and we use Dimension but seems like customers start getting a little anxious.

This year is a lot different then last year.

It will be warm soon!
  10. lawn king

I sold a lot of spring aeration, now i have to wait out the snow, the mud and the cleanups! This spring is gonna be madness!