1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Spring and Fall Clean Ups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danthemowerman, Aug 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danthemowerman

danthemowerman Banned

HI, I've been running my business for five years now and have a interest in including spring/fall clean ups. I have some idea about them from what I've read and used "SEARCH" for, but I would like some question completely answered.
    1. Other than leaf removal, trimmimg of trees, ect. what do you
    include in your clean ups...spring AND fall.
    2. Do you include this in your contracts, or is it optional?
    3. (Give general answers w/ examples) How much do you charge
    for these clean ups (regular customer vs. one time customer
    that's to lazy to do it) And do you charge by the hour, lot size,
    And please, if you're going to respond answer ALL of the Q's completly......I hate people that only answer half the question and are to general to help

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

"other than leaves" I'm not too sure what else you mean. Usually spring/fall cleanups include getting the leftover debris out of the beds & lawn. To do this, I use rakes & blowers. I charge by the hour plus a nominal dumping fee.
  3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

1. There are just leaf clean-ups (which include: leaves of coarse and fallen branches) and then there are major clean-ups which may or may not include leaves, some trimming, pulling lot's of weeds, ripping out shrubs, etc...

2. I don't have contracts... so I guess it's optional ;)

3. Hourly

I hope this helps... I'd hate to be hated :eek:
  4. when i do my spring cleanups its rake the lawn, edge gardens where we can, blow gardens and lawns off. sweep up any large sand deposits, and thats about it. trimming trees is something you should have an arborist do. i dont think you are ready to go up 60 feet into a tree to get a broken branch out, that is over a house or something. for the fall all we do is blow off the lawns, blow out the gardens, and thats it. no ripping out plants, no cleaning gutters. all that stuff the customer has to request. oh yeah, when we do both cleanups, we cut the lawn and bag the clippings just to pick up whatever we may miss with the blowers.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy this thread just rubs me the wrong way! Probably explains the lack of response.
  6. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Probably the way danthemowerman posed his demand...I mean his question.
  7. PLONK!!!!
  8. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

LOL! Stone strikes again! :laugh:
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

As you can see, you rubbed the members the wrong way by demanding and hating. I think you need to re-write your question and start all over. In the mean time I will close this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.