1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spring around the corner

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone getting green yet? The Frogs are chirping at night and waiting for the Forsythia to bloom.

It has been mid to upper 50's here the past few, just bought two new rakes, a new battery for the leaf/clean up tractor and getting some mulch delivered this weekend!! Getting a jump on things this season before it goes from cool to hot.

2. fyshman69

fyshman69 LawnSite Member

No! The rock I live on top of has a winter weather advisory. 2 to 4 inches of snow possible

3. parrotfeathers

parrotfeathers LawnSite Member

I've mowed once. The Kubota cranked right up. I keep it in the barn. A family of mice had built a nest on top of the deck where the belt is and they didn't like it one bit that their house moved. Thought I would cut a couple of times in case sticks were hiding since the blades already need changing.

Still waiting on some replies on my trimmer on wheels question. Don't think I can carry that heavy string trimmer around this summer. Even with the strap my shoulder complains too much the next day.

It was 28 degrees last night. Brrr.

4. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Spot sprayed a few weeds 2 weeks ago with gly while my Bermuda is still dormant. I put out my first app of Dimension March 1st. In a week or so I'll scalp it down to 1.5" then hurry up & wait.

5. IS500Z

IS500Z LawnSite Member

We still have snow on the ground although it will probably be gone in a few days. Haven't even thought of getting the equipment ready for the season. Guess that should change.