Spring= Big $$$ this year!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Jan 24, 2006.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Drove around today and noticed how bad the lawns look. I'm talking about the ones that had fall clean ups of mine and other LCO's fall clean up lawns. We had some serious windy days along with a late fall that has caused this. I actually got a call from a customer that wanted me to do another clean up because the wind blew leaves and other things onto her lawn. Every lawn needs a good spring clean up.
    What have others noticed in your area?

kc

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Mine was a mess along with all of the lawns i have seen

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Dunno, I'm still cleaning up leaves, haven't had a chance to run around and look at those that are done lol... It'll be mid to late february before I'm done this year, then come march it all starts back up again. Of course with the weather it's slow going, I can only do 2 maybe 3 yards / week between the rain and what have you.

Only thing I've done towards this year is my advertising for the spring is taken care of so that's out of the way, but all my equipment still needs to be completely gone over: oil changes, fix broken stuff, sell some old and buy some new, etc, etc... sure is a lot of work, lol !

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And it is still only January...still plenty of time left for some windy, wintery storms yet.

5. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

Looking at SNOW here....:eek:

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Why r u guys waiting?? WE had a few nice clean-ups on 1/4-3/4 acre lots after last Wed/Thurs storms. They went from $85-$550. Most had just received a fall clean-up in December. One client wants weekly inspection and clean-up of property till we start back full swing in March.... bill accordingly.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've been around to look at a few of my customers lawns and they will be getting cleaned up again. Gotta love mother nature!!! Wish we could get some more snow down here though, I love working in it and want a big storm! 8-20" would be WONDERFUL!!!!!$$$$$

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Not many of our clients are going to want to pay to have any excess leaves cleaned up that blew in their yard so far this winter. They will want to wait till March, too much winter weather will still be upon us. A spring cleanup for us is just that, a cleanup that begins in the SPRING.

9. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't see any of mine, they are under 3 feet of that white stuff.

10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

That's the good thing about living here and yearly accounts.Any leaves that fell after fall cleanups are mulched throughout the winter.In spring the beds are cleaned once again and the lawn is swept.Haven't stopped and the first full landscape install for the year is scheduled for Feb 4th.