spring clean up/ fert

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by blakeg314, Mar 28, 2007.

1. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

alright guys,
    i have this one customer and hes been calling me everyday to put down his fertilizer.. he has also asked me to dethatch his lawn when i go for the spring clean up sometime next week or the week after.. so my question is should i make him happy and go put the darn fertilizer down now or should i just wait till next week after i dethatch? thank you in advance

blakeg

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Dethatch first.

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone does it, but here in LI fert isn't needed until Memorial Day really..anyway-dethatch, then fert, then slap customer.

4. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

hey lawnguy. I am a fellow long islander lol. I wanted to know what type of fert you put down for the beginning of the season? thanks LawnInOrder

5. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

Hey 314, If Your In Framigham, Ma Put Down The Fert (after) You Dethatch, (for Best Results). Get Rid Of All The Dead Grass Now, And Then Go Ahead With All The Lawn Maintenance.

6. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

Hey 314, If Your In Framigham, Ma Put Down The Fert (after) You Dethatch, (for Best Results). Get Rid Of All The Dead Grass Now, Let The Grass And Soil Breath And Then Go Ahead With All The Lawn Maintenance. Good Luck