spring clean up price

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by EL Lawn care, Feb 22, 2009.

1. EL Lawn care

EL Lawn care LawnSite Member

I have a spring clean job that I am going to give anestimate on.
    8 yards of mulch - $50/yard to deliver and spread = $400. This price is set.

What 'm having a problem with is the part below. I will be working by myself...
    clean out all flower beds of leaves, not very many weeds though.
    and retrench perimeter of all the flower beds with a bed trencher. there is about 400 linear ft of beds

I do not have to haul anything away, it will be bag and the city will pick up.
    any suggestions on price?
  2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

100 bucks but i need a pic.
  3. EL Lawn care

$100 to clean flowerbeds and retrench? I think its going to take 6 hours. My inital thought was $300. I didnt take any pics...I should have though.
  4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I charge 100.00 a yrd to clean flowerbeds and apply much. Some will charge more, some less. But this will give you an idea and your price is close to what i would charge.
  5. EL Lawn care

thanks, I told them $700 and I got the job
  6. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

sounds better.... i charge about 80 dollars to spread a yard and then another 35 per man to clean out the beds
  7. lwelve

lwelve LawnSite Member

We do mulch for $85.00 - $120.00 per yard (Mulch included) , dyed mulch is higher price.
    Clean ups are billed at actual time at our labor rate per man hour.( I include time for haul away and disposal in our billing)
    Don`t cut yourself short.
  8. T&J Landscaping

T&J Landscaping LawnSite Member

Dang 6hrs to clean flower beds, u are in for a long season , :walking:
  9. EL Lawn care

I dont know exactly what you are implying T and J. without seeing pictures you are assuming things. The job is done and, yes the fact that it did take roughly six hrs to clean out is a fact. The beds were completely overrun with leaves and some weeds. By the time I blew all of the leaves out from underneath the 150 or so azaleas and then sucking them up with my mower. 6hrs. it actually took 12 yards of mulch when it was all said and done because I had cleaned out so much debris
  10. Fife Lawn&Lane

Fife Lawn&Lane LawnSite Member

So the question that needs to be answered is, did you make money on your $700 bid? If yes then you did good, if not then you know better by your own experience for next time.