Spring Clean-up question.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by big acres, Feb 11, 2008.

?

My spring clean-ups include...?

1. We mulch it all.

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. We tarp the bulk and mulch the rest.

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. We tarp the bulk and use baggers on the rest

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. We vacuum everything.

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  5. We vac it and tine-rake too.

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

Tonight is "poll night", so I am asking all the questions that I have ever wondered about concerning "common practices" in this industry.

This one is for spring clean-ups. Please indicate your approach in this poll.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

theres no poll.........

3. big acres

man, your quick. somehow you were able to view the thread before I submitted it with the poll? Looks like it's up now. Thanks.

4. Raven386

from CT

well, this year is gonna be completley different than last year. we still have quite a few fall clean-ups to do. the late fall and snow really killed us... were probably heading back out this week to start a few though. but usually its just mulch 'em up and bag 'em with the mowers.

5. big acres

Wow, you have enough turf showing to do clean-ups? Our 20 inches of December snow shrank to about 4 and we haven't had a true full-plow in almost 7 weeks. Snow has been coming from SW and missing us by about 50 miles south -many times. Today it came from NW and slid south again.

6. Raven386

from CT

yea, theres no snow on the ground!... just gonna get the blowers out and load the leaves into the truck. i havent plowed since Dec. 16th.... :cry: but the ground has frozen up again so were gonna get out there and try and get ahead of the clean-ups. just so we dont get backed up when the spring rains get here.

7. big acres

bump..........

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I pretty much vac it all up and than depending on the time of year, start fertilizing. If its a big area or in certain situations I'll mulch it up, but I don't do that too often.

9. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

i blow all the debris into the turf and suck it up with a Walker.

10. big acres

Let's have a few more of you weigh in...