1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spring clean up question

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by hortboy, Mar 27, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I was approached by a county office to bid on maintaining 3 homes for the mentally/physically disabled. two of three had not had the grass cut since august of last fall. I estimate the grass to be about 10 inches tall when I stand it up. the problem is it's matted down from all the snow. how would you guys price the first mowing? triple pass it? bag it? It looks like a real mess. I want to get it cut before it smothers out other grass and then needs seeding. Normally I steer clear of these but county/state jobs are so nice around here w/ all the extra work you get like prunings and snow plowing

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

2.5X the normal cut rate and add a 30% high cut fee to that.Then add cleanup time and removal charges to dispose of the grass.

3. Grass Groomer

Grass Groomer LawnSite Member

rent or buy a metal detector first trust me its worth it

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I would estimate the time it took to do the job right and get my hourly rate + expenses.

Don't under estimate and walk every inch of the property for hidden dangers.