1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Spring Clean Up rate?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Mar 22, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

I was just curious what some of you guys charge for spring/fall cleanups? I got an estimate to give tomorrow about lawn service and also a spring clean up. I was thinking of $30 per hour for the spring clean up. It just sounds like she wants some leaves raked from an Oak Tree. Does $30 per hour sound reasonable for a one man job? I remember my folks having a company do a spring clean up last year and the company sending to guys and billing us $120 for 2 hours of work so it appeared to be $30 per man hour.

2. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Whenever I do Spring Clean Ups, my customers usually have 2 or 3 other jobs that they want done also. I usually break it down by each of the jobs I need to do, then charge accordingly.

Brian

3. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

I charge $90 flat rate for a 12,000 sqft lot (average size lot with 5-6 big, older trees in my neighborhood). Takes two guys with backpack blowers & a tarp for the backyard about 2 hrs. I've got a 16Hp loader on the dump trailer, that helps a lot.

My customers love not having to worry about me leaving bags behind. The other guy in my town charges less, but leaves 15-20 bags on the lawns, which kills the lawn! Bad for him - good for me!

4. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

my rate is 50.00 per hour. Its just me. Have had a few people shy away, but for the most part havent had a problem yet. if it is just a cleanup they want and prefer to do the lawn mowing thereselves I get my monies worth.