spring clean up

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JTS lawn care, Mar 21, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was wondering what most of you guys do for spring clean up i charge $17 an hour for spring clean up does that sound good for a price.

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me you are joking please?

I get anywhere from $30-50 a man hour for cleanups.:eek:

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

$17 an hour?

Better keep reading here before your dreams of being a businessman deminish.

4. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

You are doing alot of work for nothing. I charge around $50/hour. More if I have to haul more than 1 truck load away.

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

$17 per hour is WAY too low. I get at least $30 per hour per man. What are you using for equipment???

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man... please read some pricing posts before you go out tomorrow morning. :realmad:

7. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

$35 here! How is it worth your time to work for that?

8. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Depending on how big the job- We do a Leaf clean-up for a doctor, 8 acres of leaves. I only charge him $20 per man hr., $35 per equip. hr, and $45 per tractor hr. with 7 ft. rake. I can leave the leaves at the job site.

On other jobs I don't include hauling leaves away in with my man hr. rate. I charge by the dump truck load- usaully 40-60 per load. And I try to get at least $25 per man hr.- and more for equip.

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Now I will be having nightmares of receiving a check for $136 after me and an employee spending 4 hours on a cleanup! :eek:

10. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I want to also say that if someone calls, I'm a minimum of 25 per hr.- but most of time I give bids for the job, and I cover myself in every way, it then usaully is around 30-45 per hr.