1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

spring clean up

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JTS lawn care, Mar 21, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was wondering what most of you guys do for spring clean up i charge $17 an hour for spring clean up does that sound good for a price.

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me you are joking please?

I get anywhere from $30-50 a man hour for cleanups.:eek:

3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

$17 an hour?

Better keep reading here before your dreams of being a businessman deminish.

4. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

You are doing alot of work for nothing. I charge around $50/hour. More if I have to haul more than 1 truck load away.

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

$17 per hour is WAY too low. I get at least $30 per hour per man. What are you using for equipment???

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man... please read some pricing posts before you go out tomorrow morning. :realmad:

7. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

$35 here! How is it worth your time to work for that?

8. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Depending on how big the job- We do a Leaf clean-up for a doctor, 8 acres of leaves. I only charge him $20 per man hr., $35 per equip. hr, and $45 per tractor hr. with 7 ft. rake. I can leave the leaves at the job site.

On other jobs I don't include hauling leaves away in with my man hr. rate. I charge by the dump truck load- usaully 40-60 per load. And I try to get at least $25 per man hr.- and more for equip.

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Now I will be having nightmares of receiving a check for $136 after me and an employee spending 4 hours on a cleanup! :eek:

10. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I want to also say that if someone calls, I'm a minimum of 25 per hr.- but most of time I give bids for the job, and I cover myself in every way, it then usaully is around 30-45 per hr.