Spring Clean-Up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ToddS, Jan 17, 2004.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

What does your spring clean-up consist of and how much on average do you charge? Thanks

Todd

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We do not have to do spring clean ups. We service and bill our accounts year round. I have never understood why some LCO's suspend service in the winter months. Landscape maintenance is a year round job.

3. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

A 'normal' spring clean-up normally includes:
    -prepping beds (weeding, edging beds)
    -mulching
    -trimming shrubs
    -any other odds and ends

Avery, it's kinda hard to offer landsape maintenance w/3 inches of snow on the ground... : )

4. BIG

BIG LawnSite Member

I've charged $30/hr in the past, but I'm probably low-balling.

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

So service the account when the snow is gone! Or sell snow removal and ice removal from drives/sidewalks!

Guess I am spoiled living at the beach. Forget what the fluffy white stuff is like to deal with! :)

6. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

We would consider basics to be:
    Leaves
    Complete Edging
    Beds
    Ground Covers
    Shrubs
    Weeds
    Roof & Gutters

Can often add:
    Mulch or Straw
    Plants
    Color

Bear in mind that your normal regular accounts should not need much extensive work. The calls that are received for just cleanups as described above will normally earn $80-100 an hour.

Avery, from where you are and south, your right, but to an extent. Landscaping can be a year round endeavor. A horticulterist will say there is no such thing as an off season. Unfortunately, residential homeowner accounts are the ones paying and they may feel differently. We have a few year round accounts, but many choose to suspend service until spring. The year round service is a better program for us and the customer IMO.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

What the customer wants and/or needs. Each account would be different. I make suggestions to the customer or potential customer and they make the decision on what they want. They pay the bill and its their property.

Average cost...to many variables to say.

8. lawnguyz2k3

lawnguyz2k3 LawnSite Member

around here we we charge 35.00 per hr .I don't give a set price because the people usually dont clean up the leaves in the fall.when they get matted down they take more time to pick up.So far ive made out by doing this and my cust. are happy just as long as they dont have to clean it up!

9. JarrodsDad

JarrodsDad LawnSite Member

"Roofs and Gutters"??

Whats the best way to do that?

10. terryzrx1200

terryzrx1200 LawnSite Member

Start with a ladder.