Spring clean-ups

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tom c., Mar 18, 2006.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey Fellas can anyone give me a hourly rate on spring cleanups? Also how much to charge for a helper? Just cleaning flower beds bagging sticks and twigs I got a high school kid helping. Thanks:usflag: :usflag:
  2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

$20 an hour per worker say as u have 2 people thats $40 an hour thats what we charge except its $60 3 workers.
  3. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

45 for the 1st man 25 for every man after that.
  4. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

$39 per man hour
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Tom,

You are going to find that people are going to be all over the place with what they charge. Everyone has different expenses and expectations for profit, and of course there is always the maximum that their market will bare. I do not know your market, so I can not give you a definite number. I would say the average is around $40 and hour per person. I have seen them as low as $20 per to $65 per. I know that this really doesn't help any. I would say check out what your numbers say, what your make says, and charge an hourly rate based on that.
  6. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

35 per first 55 for 2. 10 for my cousin hes slow and under the table. i base this of what i get for lawns in my area and my productivity per hour with the same men combos
  7. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey trinity thanks thays pretty much what I had figured on. I figured you gotta see what the area is like . I just got some homes in a upscale area but the customers are friends from church, and I dont want to beat them up so to speak they were refered from another customer, Thanks for the info!!! Tom :waving:
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

$20 per hour per man????????????? I,m sorry, but that sounds like a recipe to go broke. Charge 20 per hour, pay them 8-9, which means they are costing you 14-15 per hour if you're a legitimate operation. So, you are making 5 bucks an hour from this person. Oh wait,...what is that you say? They are not just standing there, but operating a piece of equipment? Well, then there is fuel and use wear and tear on equipment....Hey, you guys want to come up here and work for me? I'll give you plenty enough to keep you busy!